Can someone please recommend alternatives to Audacity for background noise removal?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please recommend alternatives to Audacity for background noise removal?

I got my test video feedback a while ago and the instructors recommend that I use Audacity to remove the fan noise from my background. The noise is caused from my fan when I run an application on my computer. I can't help this at all, the course I am teaching (tech related) makes the fan go haywire. I've reduced the input from my mic and have tried everything I can but there is some degree of fan noise. I can't edit the noise with Audacity because for some reason I can't import QuickTime audio to it. Does anyone have any recommendations. I'm on a budget, so free software would be preferred. Thanks.

3 Replies

I am figuring you are on a Mac, since you used QuickTime.  I'm not, but this thread might help you sort out Audacity. You should be able to eradicate the noise with a Noise Gate plug-in or the built in Noise Removal. 

Here's a link to some other free options: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-free-cheap-audio-editors-mac-os-x/

OBS has built in audio filter. Davinci resolve also has one built in. Either can sample and clean fan hum.

Have been in similar situation where i tried few things like using a very closed room or using inbuilt noise cancellation facility in many apps like audacity,etc,but more efficient then it is a nice AI based tool I found recently named Krisp ,which helps cancel all types of background noise with its advanced algorithms.

Give it a try,would be surely helpful. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.