Export Setting 5k Screenflow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Setting 5k Screenflow

Go to solution

Hi

I'm currently updating my export settings for Udemy courses.

I got a 5K display and decided to export to Udemy at these settings. Is this any good or is it pointless. also I get a warning from Screenflow stating :

That the high resolution H264 encoded content may not play back. Is this true for Udemy or just QuickTime Player.

I've also attached my settings and wonder if anyone has any input especially regarding the data rate.

Thanks !

Ron

2023-07-14_11-17-23.png2023-07-14_11-13-42.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RonErez In this case, as per our video standards your videos needs to have at least 720p. If you have a better resolution such as 1080p or 5k, that is fine, however, please note that the videos will be reprocessed in our platform once you upload them, so if you upload the video in 5k, the video will be reprocessed to 720p. Also, it seems correct since we recommend bitrate is H.264 so any bitrate higher than that will not play back correctly. You can learn more about our video standards in our article here. If you have more questions, please send an email to our  Instructor Support team.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RonErez In this case, as per our video standards your videos needs to have at least 720p. If you have a better resolution such as 1080p or 5k, that is fine, however, please note that the videos will be reprocessed in our platform once you upload them, so if you upload the video in 5k, the video will be reprocessed to 720p. Also, it seems correct since we recommend bitrate is H.264 so any bitrate higher than that will not play back correctly. You can learn more about our video standards in our article here. If you have more questions, please send an email to our  Instructor Support team.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

@RonErez , and later you can write to Udemy to enable 1080p stream for your course. This must be published course 

Go to solution

Thanks for the tip. I'll write to Udemy about the 1080p.

Go to solution

Thank you !

Go to solution

@RonErez, I consider anything about 1080p to be unnecessary. I have a 5k iMac, but I only render my videos in 1080p for several different reasons:

• It takes a lot longer to render in 4K or 5K versus 1080p
  • 4K and 5K resolution makes everything smaller, so if a student doesn't have a large 4K or 5K screen, such as a 27" or larger screen, everything will look smaller to them.
  • Most desktop computer monitors only support up to 1080p. Until 90%+ of the monitors sold are 4K or 5K resolution, I don't see a huge imperative to creating higher resolution videos since most consumers will be viewing a course with a 1080p resolution monitor.
  • Lots of students are now also watching videos on their smartphones and tablets, where 4K or 5K resolution isn't ideal.
  • As for corporate Udemy Business customers, a fair amount of employees will have business laptops with 1366 x 768 resolution, which is less than 1080p.
  • Lastly, Udemy defaults to 720p for all videos unless you know to specifically ask for 1080p; I don't forsee Udemy defaulting to 4K or 5K resolution anytime soon.

Hopefully this helps in your decision for your video rendering resolution.

Go to solution

Yes, very helpful. Thanks !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors