Facing issue with video resolution

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue with video resolution

Hello,

I recently switched from Windows to a MacBook Air M1 2020 model and have been using OBS Studio to record screen lectures. However, when I uploaded the videos to Udemy, I noticed that they were getting vertically shrunk. I researched the issue and discovered that Mac has a resolution of 16:10, but Udemy converts it to 16:9. Although I tried to rescale the video in OBS, the bottom section of the video is not visible as it goes out of the screen canvas. When I tried using a 16:10 aspect ratio for my videos, they did not look good when uploaded to Udemy.

I have been struggling with this issue for a long time, and I would appreciate any advice or recommended recording settings to solve this problem.

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @abhi_barkade Videos exceeding an aspect ratio of 16:9 will automatically be re-modified to 16:9 by our system (the image/video can be cropped). Therefore, please try to edit your videos and make sure they have the recommended resolutions to make sure it fits this aspect ratio is:   

• 1920x1080 
  •  1280x720

You should use a video editor to change the video setting according to our video standards here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.