Feature request: Show video time-stamps when mouse-hovering time slider

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Show video time-stamps when mouse-hovering time slider

Very often in Q&A posts, students give a timestamp, and/or in my replies I tell them which timestamp to go to. 

But in the current Udemy video player, you cannot see directly the timestamp until you click on it. Therefore, it's a bit annoying and time-consuming to find a specific point in a video. And if the internet connection isn't that great, it can take really long to find a specific part of the video.

Compare this with, e.g., YouTube's player, where hovering the mouse over the time slider at the bottom of the video shows the timestamp in a little window. That makes it really easy to jump to a specific location in the video.

Can we please have this feature in Udemy? It would really enhance the user (student and instructor) experience.

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @MikeXCohen  Currently this option is not available on the platform; however, I've passed these suggestions to the team. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hi @ElianaC  @Bella 

Please please please add this feature to Udemy.

I see youtube being a big competitor to udemy in the future. And the number one reason for this is the 'timestamp'

Youtubers will start creating long-format courses on youtube with timestamps. 

If this feature is added to Udemy along with its various other features, this will greatly benefit both students & teachers. And we can always tell students why Udemy stands apart from Youtube. And the 'value' they get by signing up for courses on Udemy.

I hope you have some good developers working at Udemy who can get this done. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.