Feedback on Video Request - Lesson Introduction

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on Video Request - Lesson Introduction

Go to solution

Hi there I will appreciate feedback on the technical aspects (lights/audio/texture/sound/proximity/feel) of this clip. I would like to make all the clips consistent and will be using this clip as a template.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi Avril. In terms of strictly technical aspects, I would try the following:

- shoot with a wider aperture (f1.4 or 1.8), provided you don't move too much and get out of focus. That is always pleasing, because it blurs the background. If you don't have the right lens, that is not a problem, simply try to get the plant out of the frame (it is a bit distracting) and place yourself a bit to your right. Even in video, it is best to use the rule of thirds and don't put yourself in the middle. Give it a try and see how it looks.

- also, if possible, try to place a second light on the background, to give yourself more 3D. Without making any advertisement, look on Youtube at some online instructors such as Peter McKinnon or Matti Happoja (Matti also has some courses on Udemy) and see the advice they give in terms of filming, lighting, etc. Hope these help and good luck with everything 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I really liked your video. I honestly have nothing to criticize you, I can only congratulate you!

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

Go to solution

Thank you, Alvaro, that gives me great comfort to continue and complete the course. 

I appreciate you reviewing the course.

@AlvaroChirou wrote:

I really liked your video. I honestly have nothing to criticize you, I can only congratulate you!

Go to solution

Hi Avril. In terms of strictly technical aspects, I would try the following:

- shoot with a wider aperture (f1.4 or 1.8), provided you don't move too much and get out of focus. That is always pleasing, because it blurs the background. If you don't have the right lens, that is not a problem, simply try to get the plant out of the frame (it is a bit distracting) and place yourself a bit to your right. Even in video, it is best to use the rule of thirds and don't put yourself in the middle. Give it a try and see how it looks.

- also, if possible, try to place a second light on the background, to give yourself more 3D. Without making any advertisement, look on Youtube at some online instructors such as Peter McKinnon or Matti Happoja (Matti also has some courses on Udemy) and see the advice they give in terms of filming, lighting, etc. Hope these help and good luck with everything 🙂

Go to solution

Thanks, Sabastian this is valuable feedback. I will certainly use these useful tips and thanks for the link to the online instructors. I used Phil Ebiner and Alexa Fischer’ guidelines to shoot the video. This is a steep learning curve, and I hope to get better. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.