Finding the Perfect Monitor for Screen Recording: Seeking Community Advice

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the Perfect Monitor for Screen Recording: Seeking Community Advice

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of creating a course for Udemy, and for that purpose, I need to capture my entire screen. However, I've encountered an issue regarding aspect ratios. Mac screens have a 16:10 aspect ratio, while Udemy recommends a 16:9 aspect ratio.

To address this problem, I have decided to use an external monitor, specifically the LG 24ML600S-W model. This monitor is equipped with a 24-inch Full HD IPS display, offering a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Additionally, it comes with built-in speakers, two HDMI ports, a VGA port, a 75 Hz refresh rate, and AMD Freesync technology.

I would greatly appreciate insights from fellow community members regarding the suitability of this monitor for recording screen-based video tutorials on a Mac.

Furthermore, I'm open to suggestions from other creators who have encountered and resolved this issue using alternative solutions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ReyanshKharga

How are you doing? I'm jumping in here to create some visibility for other instructors. 

Maybe the YouTube video here or here help? 

Please keep us updated if you find a solution. I'm sure other instructors struggled as well with their Mac screen recording. 

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors