Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to Create a Killer Promo Video with Chris Haroun

Hello Instructors of Studio U!

We are excited to bring you a wonderful resource created by Chris Haroun aimed at helping you create an amazing promo video for your course! Let us know what you think in the comments below!

9 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

So, in my humble opinion this is one of the best posts ever in this community. There is only one problem with Chris' advice: he is so good, his advice so thorough, that it may be discouraging to new instructors. Believe me, many of us do very well on Udemy without coming close to the standard that is set in this video. But... it is a goal and it makes me feel the need to up my game.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks for sharing. Many of technical guys like me we didn’t gave too much attention to promotional video. I really helps to think better.

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for the prod - mine all need updating! Chris is amazing. I love posts like this as they inspire me. I have just purchased a gimble - am so excited for it to arrive and have fun re making my promos.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
IanLJ
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Thanks Chris for sharing this valuable information, techniques and tools.  As mentioned by Lawrence this level of production may feel daunting for many instructors, but this talk really does give a lot of great ideas and direction.

We all know Udemy has great materials within Community to help new instructors...somehow, it should be placed to be always available and easy to find! 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Boris035, I agree that it's important to make our community resources easily accessible to new instructors. After reading this, I'm currently working on a compilation of the webinars we've had in the past so we can feature it at the top of the Studio U board and make it easier for instructors to find. Thank you for your feedback! 😊

Creating Killer Promo Videos

Creating a killer promo video can be a daunting task, but with the right guidance and tools, it can be a lot easier. Here are some tips on how to create a killer promo video with Chris Haroun:

Define your audience: Before you start creating your video, it's important to know who your target audience is. This will help you tailor your message and the visuals of your video to appeal to them.

Keep it short: Attention spans are getting shorter, so keep your promo video short and to the point. Ideally, your video should be no longer than 2 minutes.

Have a clear message: Your video should have a clear message or call-to-action. Make sure that message is communicated clearly and effectively.

Use engaging visuals: The visuals of your video should be engaging and attention-grabbing. This could be through the use of animations, text overlays, or high-quality footage.

Incorporate music: Music can help set the mood for your video and make it more memorable. Choose music that fits the tone of your message and is appropriate for your audience.

Use a professional voice-over: A professional voice-over can add a level of polish to your video and help communicate your message clearly.

Test and iterate: Once you've created your video, test it with a small audience and gather feedback. Use that feedback to make improvements and iterate on your video until it's perfect.

By following these tips, you can create a killer promo video that effectively communicates your message and engages your target audience.

really cool webinar

one of best i see here

Chris Haroun is the hero we have, but do not deserve. Thank you!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.