I want to teach some basic Environmental science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to teach some basic Environmental science

Hello, I want to teach basic Environmental science, to any one who is interested, but not sure how to start, any constructive feedback is welcomed.

Thanks

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AbeshChakr1989 Welcome to the community!  This page is full of information about teaching on Udemy. Our minimum requirements for a course is that it contain at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures here’s a great roundup of free & paid resources and a compilation of top posts on creating your course.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hey mate,

You can start by developing a basic course outline - such as a curriculum. I usually begin my courses with a basic introduction to the science topic, such as 'What is environmental science?' or, 'a brief overview of environmental science.'

From there, you can start making more detailed sections, such as: 'basic concepts in environmental science', or, the 'many branches of environmental science.' As you move deeper into your course, you become more specific and also use some case-studies to demonstrate your topic more clearly.

For example, I create biotechnology courses; so, I would focus ONE course on a SINGLE aspect of biotechnology, such as microbial biotechnology, or plant biotechnology. try to avoid packing every little detail into one course, it's simply too much and most students will not enrol in a science course that goes for longer than 1.5 hours. 

Here are some course ideas for you:

• Oceanography 
  • Soil science 
  • Environmental chemistry 
  • Geochemistry 
  • Biogeochemistry 

If you want to create a course on environmental science, you don't need to cover everything, because you won't be able to make one single course about environmental science. It's a very big discipline. Instead, focus one single course on a small part of environmental science.

Teaching science can be tricky, however you should definitely start your course. Start small, focus your course on a single aspect of environmental science, and start making your slides. Then, write a script for each slide. Don't forget to write down the course goals. Students want to feel that they've accomplished something, so make each lecture no longer than 5 minutes. In today's age, most people/students want fast results. So, shorter time to reach a goal

I hope this has helped you. I myself teach science, and I know it's difficult where to start; however, find a niche and go in that direction.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.