Inquiry Regarding Adding Text or Background Music to Video Lectures

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Regarding Adding Text or Background Music to Video Lectures

I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the inclusion of text or background music in my video lectures.

Upon reviewing Udemy's guidelines, I understand the importance of incorporating voice-over narration to provide a better learning experience for students. However, for specific reasons, I have chosen to utilize text-only content in my video lectures.

I would like to inquire if it is acceptable to add background music while maintaining the text on the screen. This would help enhance the visual appeal and engagement of the course. I want to ensure that this approach aligns with Udemy's policies and requirements.

Could you please provide me with clear guidance on whether incorporating background music alongside text is permissible within the Udemy platform? Additionally, if there are any specific considerations or adjustments I should make to meet the platform's expectations, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I value your support and look forward to your prompt response. Please let me know if you require any further information from my end.

3 Replies
ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

All videos must have a human voice. Text only lectures are not allowed for an entire course.

It's not allowed for a course in its entirety as far as I know, and its not a good idea actually. You will have NO prolonged course engagement, and that's exactly what you should be aiming for, especially if you are looking at adding UFB to your offering. Course creation is incredibly awarding, but it super hard to to right, no matter what the AI pundents are touting out there. 

Good luck, and enjoy the course-creation journey! 

Students won't tolerate a text only video as the dominant video format of your course.....no matter how nice the background music is. This being said, occasionally tossing a video without voice and just text + video + music in the mix is not a bad idea. It creates variation. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors