Laptop or Desktop for video recording?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop or Desktop for video recording?

Hello everyone,

a lot have been said about mics and cameras, but how about your main workstation. Do you use a laptop or a desktop, characteristics etc? What do you propose?

2 Replies

Hey @ChrisMall ,

I use my laptop as a  production device i.e. recording Screencasts, I have an extended screen which helps in providing noted while recording the videos. 

Regards

Mohit Kumar

Hey there,

It depends on what your courses are about.

Are your courses just slides, or are you planning to stand up and deliver your course with videos?

If you're happy with sitting down at your laptop or desktop computer and recording, this is fine. However, this is mainly for screen-cast recordings. If you want to stand-up and deliver your content in a more interactive way, then I suggest you buy a good lapel microphone (Boya M1) or a Zoom H1n

With the lapel microphone, you can plug this into a DSLR and then adjust the volume/gain settings through the camera. This is really handy if you don't want to hold a microphone.

With the Zoom H1n microphone, you can actually use this as a USB microphone into your laptop or desktop. The audio from this microphone is high quality, and it also works for screen-cast.

It's really worth investing into good quality audio and video.

Hope this helps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.