My uploads keep failing with the same error. What could be the issue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My uploads keep failing with the same error. What could be the issue?

Go to solution

My video upload have been failing recently with the error

"One or more of the specified parts could not be found. The part may not have been uploaded, or the specified entity tag may not match the part's entity tag."

What could be the issue? I have tried using two different internet networks to check whether it is an error with my network. The upload is failing in both of them with the same error. I already have uploaded many videos before. This is the first time these errors are coming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @AbhishekRathi, sorry to hear you're having issues while uploading your videos.

The common cause of video upload issues is environmental, so the browser, the machine, or the connection may be responsible for this difficulty. One factor could also be the video itself. Troubleshooting to rule these factors out is the most effective way to figure out what’s going on. Here are steps for initial troubleshooting:

• Make sure that your file name does not have any strange characters like !@#$%^&*
  • Re-save the file in a different format (.mp4's tend to work best) and try uploading again
  • Upload the file from another browser
  • Use the bulk file uploader
  • Upload the file from another machine

If the problem persists, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com with as many details as possible, and our team will be happy to help!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Abhishek,

It appears that there are several issues with the video uploader these days.

Try using the bulk uploader.  It rarely fails, and you can use it even if you only want to upload one video, as long as it is not the promo.

Go to solution

Hi @AbhishekRathi, sorry to hear you're having issues while uploading your videos.

The common cause of video upload issues is environmental, so the browser, the machine, or the connection may be responsible for this difficulty. One factor could also be the video itself. Troubleshooting to rule these factors out is the most effective way to figure out what’s going on. Here are steps for initial troubleshooting:

• Make sure that your file name does not have any strange characters like !@#$%^&*
  • Re-save the file in a different format (.mp4's tend to work best) and try uploading again
  • Upload the file from another browser
  • Use the bulk file uploader
  • Upload the file from another machine

If the problem persists, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com with as many details as possible, and our team will be happy to help!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for helping. I am a mozilla firefox user.

As suggested above, I tried to upload using Google chrome and it uploaded successfully without any issue.

The problem could be one of my extensions or the browser itself.

Thanks

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I have switched away from the individual uploader and recommend using the bulk uploader. If you have a google drive or dropbox account, I think it is a lot quicker to just use that. Personally, I export my videos directly to a Dropbox folder in the evening, let it upload at night, then use the bulk uploader in the morning. 

Best of luck! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.