Need Help. How do i dampen the sound from my window and door, so i can create my own HOME STUDIO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help. How do i dampen the sound from my window and door, so i can create my own HOME STUDIO?

Go to solution

In my home i have a room which is relatively silent. I can convert it into my home studio but have two problems.

1. The window. The sound of my noisy neighbors come from there whole day. What can i do on this window to reduce the noise? Instead of curtains if i put thick blanket will it help?

window.jpg

2. Door : On the right side i have this door. The noise passes through the wooden door. Also the noise passes through the gap between floor and door. What can be done here?

door.jpg

Because of these two i have to wait till the environment gets quiet or its night. This leaves me with only few hours to record. If these two problems are solved then i will be able to record round the clock.

Any advice on both of these problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @AbhishekRathi 

The first advice I can give you, is the microphone you use, for your situation the microphones that come with the earphones can be very good since they capture your voice more than the sound of your surroundings.

Screenshot_1.png

I also suggest you edit the sound with Audacity, it is a free program where if you are looking for tutorials on youtube on how to get the ambient sound, you will see that it is very easy.

I hope these tips help you, any other questions ask 🙂

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @AbhishekRathi 

The first advice I can give you, is the microphone you use, for your situation the microphones that come with the earphones can be very good since they capture your voice more than the sound of your surroundings.

Screenshot_1.png

I also suggest you edit the sound with Audacity, it is a free program where if you are looking for tutorials on youtube on how to get the ambient sound, you will see that it is very easy.

I hope these tips help you, any other questions ask 🙂

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.