Need to replace my webcam, what do you use?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to replace my webcam, what do you use?

I have a Logitech HD Pro C920 that's just been giving me fits. And Logitech support just hasn't been very responsive.

As such, I'm considering abandoning Logitech altogether. What are you using for your course headshots?

Brian

7 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous  I use a small Sony Handycam as I can get any type of angle I wish with ease. Simple to use (I am not at all tech-savvy) and easy to transfer the raw footage to my laptop. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy new year @SharonRamel . And thank you for your response.

I only need the camera for headshots recording directly into my laptop. So I'm not sure I can justify the $200 price tag -- particularly when I don't know if my course will languish in oblivian.

Again, thank you for your your suggestion. I just need to come to terms with the sticker shock.

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Then I would use my iPhone @Anonymous , I understand where you are coming from, I left it to the minimal $ output to start with and upgraded as I started to earn. I did start with an average rather than poor microphone. Clear audio is very important and definitely something to consider. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

I wonder how you get the high-resolution video with webcam.

I use a phone, Google Pixel, with a tripod to record!

Brian, 

I am using a Logitech C920 and Camtasia Studio. 

Have you tried using the free desktop application Logitech Capture?

I try to show my face only when it is ultimately necessary, but still recording through the Logitech Capture applications helps a lot with exposure. Once installed, the application shows as a camera source in Camtasia recorder camera selection drop down. The image is loaded only when we start the application. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Naeem Malik. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Naeem-Malik . Since the original post I've gone through two webcams. One that would not boot at all (and had no manufacturer support though rave reviews on Google) and now back to a later model of C920 which required multiple contacts with Logitech support and still presents this annoying popup when I try to record that reads "You are using generic Windows (UVC) drivers ... please install Logitech drivers." I do have the drivers. Logitech "escalated" this issue. But no further response from them.

(I've had the script drafts for my course developed over a year ago now, and have been fighting technical issues since then. Quoting from the movie Three Men and a Baby: "What a crock!"

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is now resolved.  For what it's worth, I became weary of waiting for a Logitech escalation response and inadvertently was able to reach technical support by phone. The agent solved my problem in a few minutes by having me re-download a driver and restart.

Poof.

I'm back to being able to do my headshots.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors