Noise in the background

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise in the background

Udemy's team said that I had issues with the background noise but i used a noise muffler in the video editing software and I dont not what else I could do about it.The noise is from my computer I cant turn it off because I'm using it for my course.Help me.

Opera Pillanatfelvétel_2020-01-14_115551_www.udemy.com.png

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

How close to your microphone is your computer? Is there a way to put it under your desk or something?

Are you using a directional microphone, and is it configured correctly? We'll need to know more about your setup in order to help.

"Noise removal" and other such software options cannot make up for a room which is unsuitable for recording audio. 

An audio recording depends on three things

1. The room(and overall environment)
  2. The microphone
  3. Your performance

When I started working on Udemy I had a fridge which made a lot of buzz, I had to turn it off while recording. 

I also used to put up several pillows and sheets on the walls of my room so that less sounds will bounce from walls. 

If you stay too close to mic, there will be extra sounds of your breath and tongue. If you'll go far away then the volume might get low and you might sound shallow. 

Hi.

Can you tell us what your set up is? It will make it easier to help.

Cheers 

Liam 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.