PowerPoint - Recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerPoint - Recording

Go to solution

Hi,

Power Point has a good feature called "Record Slide Show" (under the Slide Show tab.

I am a novice and I am trying to produce my test video. I've found that PPT offers a reasonable well solution where you will have your slides and the video of the instructor, as a small square at the bottom right.

I do not want to spend time in post production because I believe my topic is more dependent on slides rather than "me" (unless you guys have a different opinion.

I've seen that the build-in mic is not the best, well, I bypass it using my earbuds, placing the mic inside layers of wool (my sport socks). It works fine as a pop filter and capture my voice srong enough.

So far I will say ... so good, but what i am not happy with is the file size. A four minutes narrative with one slide accounts for 70 Mbites. I am expecting a 8 - 10 min lecture may go between 150 and 180 Mbites. Would you consider the file size a restriction?

Would you consider a PPT file that required no edition might not be as good as we should be?

Final comment about Closed Caption, would it be generated by Udemy? Mine is provided by Windows an is not working fine.

Thank you, CM/.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hello @CMorales ,

The way I use use ppt in my lectures is, I 'save as' my ppt as *.tif file format. This way every slide is exported as an image. Later, I merge the images and audio in a video editor, which doesn't take much time.

The default reslution of the ppt images is not good and if you want to include the resolution, you can follow this link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/powerpoint/change-export-slide-resolution

Lastly, the captions are auto generated by Udemy, which you can download and edit manually using MS Word. The quality of captions are fairly good. It take me about 15 minutes to edit the caption of a 5 minute lecture.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hello Milan, thank you for your kind answer.

It makes a lot of sense now that I have been working with ScreenCast (in demo mode until I feel that it is the tool) "recycling" what I have done in PPT.

Let me ask you, which screen cast solution do you use?  Regards, CM/.

Go to solution

Hi, I personally use Camtasia's built-in PowerPoint recorder feature and that works perfectly for me.

4 Replies

Go to solution

Hello @CMorales ,

The way I use use ppt in my lectures is, I 'save as' my ppt as *.tif file format. This way every slide is exported as an image. Later, I merge the images and audio in a video editor, which doesn't take much time.

The default reslution of the ppt images is not good and if you want to include the resolution, you can follow this link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/powerpoint/change-export-slide-resolution

Lastly, the captions are auto generated by Udemy, which you can download and edit manually using MS Word. The quality of captions are fairly good. It take me about 15 minutes to edit the caption of a 5 minute lecture.

Regards,

Milan

Go to solution

Hello Milan, thank you for your kind answer.

It makes a lot of sense now that I have been working with ScreenCast (in demo mode until I feel that it is the tool) "recycling" what I have done in PPT.

Let me ask you, which screen cast solution do you use?  Regards, CM/.

Go to solution

Hi, I personally use Camtasia's built-in PowerPoint recorder feature and that works perfectly for me.

Go to solution

Mila, I am now working on the feature you mentioned.

I have found something similar that would not affect the image quality:

- Create the PPT with no animations, which means that when you want a box or chart to show up that will come as a new slide.

- Export / Create Animated GIF:   Choose Extra Large and Full HD Quality 1080  &  2 Secs per each slide -  Create GIF.

My file before recording voice, has 12 slides and is under 6Mb.

Then you will add the Screen Cast effects.

I hope it helps to solve the quality issue you mentiond.

Best regards from COLOMBIA.  CM/.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.