cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Professional Green Screen

Today was "Take your daughter to work day" and my son-in-law is the technical director for the Washington DC NBC station. The following two photos are of my granddaughter with the real weather lady. 

When you think the weather lady is standing in front of a map or other visual... nope. She is standing in front of a green screen. Notice how perfectly evenly the green sreen is lit. Also notice the two overhead lights that are shining down onto the back of her head. Mine isn't so even. Notice the wireless transmitters on her leg. 
Green screen 3.jpg
Green screen 1.jpgGreen screen 2.jpg

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
4 Replies
vinod
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Super.

Interesting to see some gadgets on weather lady's legs Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LawrenceMMiller,

What a totally cool experience for both your granddaughter and you.  Fun outing.

I'm actually surprised by the amount of shadow behind your granddaughter on the green screen behind.  I would have thought those overhead lights would have removed that shadows that I understand to be the enemy of green screeners.

Fun photos.  Thanks for sharing,

---Brian

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

I agree, Brian. My guess is that the real weather lady doesn't stand as close to the screen. If you look at the TV screen you can see that those shadows do appear just below my granddaughters arm in the TV image and I think that is because she is standing too close. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
SharonRamel
Community Champion

What a great fun experience @LawrenceMMiller 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.