Recording screen using "non standard" 1920x1200 resolution monitor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording screen using "non standard" 1920x1200 resolution monitor

Go to solution

Hi guys!

Currently I'm recording my screen on Mac using Full HD monitor with ScreenFlow.

My question/problem is, if I would switch to a 16:10 monitor with 1920x1200 resolution would this cause any issues? Specifically I'd like to buy Dell U24M12 (https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B005JN9310).

By issues I mean would the output format look strange, streched, or should I do worry about anything? Thanks for any hints!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi, I had a similar problem.

Udemy recommends 16:9 aspect ratio for videos. So, if you are having MacOS version Sierra - in system preferences, change the resolution to 16:9 while recording your screen. (I can give you exact steps to do this, if you don't get it right)

You will see black bars at the top and bottom. Don't worry. This will not appear in the video. Your video will come out with an aspect ratio of 16:9 only.

In case you are using MacOS Mojave version, it does not allow you to change the aspect ratio, you will have to use third party softwares (like ScreenRes) to do that.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi, I had a similar problem.

Udemy recommends 16:9 aspect ratio for videos. So, if you are having MacOS version Sierra - in system preferences, change the resolution to 16:9 while recording your screen. (I can give you exact steps to do this, if you don't get it right)

You will see black bars at the top and bottom. Don't worry. This will not appear in the video. Your video will come out with an aspect ratio of 16:9 only.

In case you are using MacOS Mojave version, it does not allow you to change the aspect ratio, you will have to use third party softwares (like ScreenRes) to do that.

Hope this helps

Go to solution

Thanks, that helped! I think I'll just keep using 16:9 monitors then.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.