Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Share a photo of your A/V setup!

Hello Instructors!

This week we announced that we’re dedicating the entire month of May to everything Audio Visual. Discussions, tips, events, and resources, you’ll find it all right here in the Instructor Community!

To kick things off, we thought it might be fun to see what you are working with!

In the comments below, show us a photo of your audio/visual setup!

31 Replies
KylePew
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I've been teaching on Udemy for almost 7 years. My A/V setup has change dramatically over those 7 years. As time went by I would "upgrade" bits and pieces, here and there. Not only has the equipment changed, but the knowledge I have gained using the equipment has increased as well. But I still got loads of room to improve my knowledge and techniques while recording online course.

AV-01.jpg

AV-02.jpg

OMG this is impressive!!

Amazing room

MarkLassoff
Community Champion

IMG_0355.HEIC.jpgIMG_0319.HEIC.jpgIMG_0335.HEIC.jpg66113001379__296A7B37-C06C-4FD1-A39D-E56E0FAAEAB0.HEIC.jpgIMG_0336.HEIC.jpg

Mark Lassoff
ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarkLassoff Any chance you know the name of that green screen paint color? 

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you! I have a 9-year-old future YouTuber begging to have a green screen in his room! This is helpful 🙂 

KarolyNyisztor
Community Champion

@ChrystieV Instead of ruining your wall, I suggest you have a look at the Elgato Green Screen. 😉

Karoly Nyisztor - Software Engineer, Author, Entrepreneur, and Life Hacker
MarkLassoff
Community Champion

Ruined?  A wall painted for green screen work is ENHANCED!  🙂

Mark Lassoff
MarkLassoff
Community Champion

@ChrystieV 

Save your money.  Behr Sparking Apple Flat makes a perfect green screen.  Highly recommended.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-PREMIUM-PLUS-1-gal-S-G-430-Sparkling-Apple-Flat-Low-Odor-Interior-P...

Mark Lassoff

Thanks Mark, that's helpful.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Camera viewCamera view

Editing stationEditing station

Looking into the cameraLooking into the camera

I am not as  neat or professional as some, but this works. From top.. camera view, editing view and instructor's view looking into the camera. The biggest mistake I made was  not investing in proper lighting to begin with. I wasted a lot of time trying to edit out shadows and bad color. Make sure that window shade is closed, the overhead light off, so you only have one color tone from the lights; and make sure you have eliminated the shadows on the green screen. All obvious now! Camera has changed from this photo. I now use a Nikon Z6ii. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

250,000 students with your setup encourages me! My setup is very similar. I like it thx for sharing 

Thanks for the useful tips Lawrence.

FrankKane
Community Champion

I'll chime in with the lowest-tech setup yet 🙂 Today I had to film some "talking head" segments. I really struggle with getting green-screen right, so I've taken to just filming in front of a bookcase with a nice short lens. You can see here my old DSLR camera with a Parrot teleprompter attached to it, my Rode shotgun mic above where I'll be standing, one extra light to fill in the side that's not illuminated by a window.. and my stand-in! That stick with a hat on it is what I use to dial in the lighting and focus before I step into its place, and start yammering.

I don't bother moving the chair because it's out of frame.

The mic is attached to a digital audio recorder, and I then have to marry the audio with the video from the camera in editing.

Most of my recording though is just voice-over on slides or screen captures, and for that it's just a Shure SM7B on a boom arm hooked to my computer via a Blue Icicle.

library-sm.jpg

Here's what the camera sees... it's a wider field than I need, so I can zoom & pan in the final edited video to make things more interesting, or to put me off to the side while some graphic is beside me. Also you can count on some strategic cropping to hide my beer belly (I don't even drink much beer, yeesh!)

library-me-sm.png

MarkLassoff
Community Champion

@FrankKane Have you read all of those books?  Some of them appear older then I am.

Mark Lassoff
FrankKane
Community Champion

Ok, the encyclopedias are for show... but I'm making good progress on everything else! Pandemic book hoard.

Shared space...it doubles as an office for myself and my wife...and a guest bedroom..lol. 20220504_170357 (1) (1).jpg

Outside looking in

20220504_170615 (1).jpg

My desk...need better wire management. 

This is a value added thread. Genius. Thanks sooo much I am encouraged.

I do like a clean and minimalist setup. Even tho lights and acoustic enhancing stuff start to take up more and more space I still try to keep it organized and full zen 😉

20190531_235848.jpg20200320_140458.jpg

20201109_102009.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors