Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Share a photo of your A/V setup!

Hello Instructors!

This week we announced that we’re dedicating the entire month of May to everything Audio Visual. Discussions, tips, events, and resources, you’ll find it all right here in the Instructor Community!

To kick things off, we thought it might be fun to see what you are working with!

In the comments below, show us a photo of your audio/visual setup!

31 Replies

I use a simple, but it it seems effective set up.

The best thing I bought was the desk mount for all the things I need in one 

Viozon Selfie Desktop Live Stand 6-1

Available on Amazon and neatly keeps all my equipment in one place.

I use a Cannon M50, A GVM led lighting set up, Rode Plus Mic and an audio technica at2020 mic.

I then use screenflow for editing and thats about it.

My Backdrop is just a collection of my spiritual artifacts with a blue wash from one of the GVM Led Lighting. It is all very clean and easy to use with my IMac powering it all.

It took me ages to get it right, but I really like a plug and play as I can use this set up for my lives as well as courses etc. Cannon have a webcam facility now for the M50 which makes it a beast of a webcam as well as great for filming. I hope this helps x

Set UpSet Up

backdrop.jpg

In 2015, when I published my first course, I only had my basement, a pc and a full HD webcam which served me as mic also.
 There was the a water pump for the building that started every 2 minutes, so , I was constrained to stop recording every two minutes.

Now I have my own studio and I can even weight lift in a corner! There is also a sofa-bed with a light-gray wall behind , which is my background when recording myself with the webcam. For talking head, I have a small green screen wall.

I still have to improve cables and outlets and I change them almost once a month but I'm never satisfied, neither my wife is!

IMG_7429.jpegIMG_7428.jpegIMG_7427.jpegIMG_7426.jpegIMG_7425.jpegIMG_7424.jpeg

This setup is very messy but has done well for me. I use this for my consulting work as well. This was a spare room in my apartment that I customized to fit my needs, over the last 1.5 years or so. Added one thing at a time. I have sealed the entire room, including the windows with thick plyboard. The door gaps are sealed, walls in the room have 12 large panels hanging all around, that I built with some basic tools at home. 
I use an old D3100 Nikon to shoot the videos, while one of my desktop screens is UDH resolution. I use Adobe Audition, Premiere Pro, Bandicam, and a few other adobe tools for recording and editing.
The mic is a Samson C01UPRO.

IMG_20220516_122107@0.33x.pngIMG_20220516_122203.jpgIMG_20220516_122238.jpgIMG_20220516_123521.png

Final OutputFinal Output

Still pretty new to the magical online world of Udemy! I'm sharing a visual story of my recording studio because I'm entertained by it and wanted to share my version of an audio/visual setup.

Images are in order of description.

1. Stage one of my backdrop for the visual ~ this is a rolling clothes hanger organizer of some sort, and you'll notice there's a white sheet hanging. This photo is to explain the backdrop, and to show a wall which doesn't appear on my videos.
  2. Same clothes organizer thing, but now extended and against a blank wall in the same room
  3. Two samples of blankets/quilts which I switched for each lesson
  4. A shot of me teaching two separate lessons ~ notice the blanket/quilt is different for each.
  5. The third wall in my recording studio ~ loud neighbors when the window is open along with beautiful, yet disruptive, blowing wind and chirping birds
  6. My view while I record into the Blue Yeti mic and onto the iMac camera ~ this is wall #4

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg5.jpg5s.jpeg6s.jpeg

Thank you for taking a look at my creative zone... 😁

~ Carole

Thank you for this thread, I am flabbergasted! 

I am new with the A/V setup and just started working on my first online course here, and browsing this thread gave me more knowledge on how I should set up my own A/V room.

Great equipment everyone!!

How do I market my course
AxelRittershaus
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

After recording since 2017 in front of a green canvas, followed by recording in my office, in 2022 I was able to realize my dream of a dedicated studio. Right next to my house. 

It's just 2.5 x 3 m (approx. 8 x 9 ft) small, which is a challenge regarding acoustics. But with self-made acoustic panels, professional panels, etc. I managed to get a decent sound.

The best things about a dedicated studio (mine has only a small window, which I cover with another acoustic panel):

- Constant lighting conditions, no matter the weather or the time of day

- I can record NOW, whenever I want to, and don't have to invest 1 hour to set everything up to record a 5 min video

- I have multiple options for settings (one with a dark background, used for talking heads, another with a white wall for slide presentations)

I use 2x  LED panels as main lights and 4x small light tubes for color effects.

Sony Alpha 6400 

Teleprompter

Rode NTG 5 

Rode Wireless Pro II

One of the angles for talking heads

AxelRittershaus_0-1684126540601.jpeg

A pic with a bit more of the studio visible

AxelRittershaus_1-1684126540368.jpeg

Hope this is helpful and inspiring for some of you.

What do you think about my setup?

Do you recognize the badge?

Best

Axel

PS: I have a couple of videos taken when I did the renovation showing the changes in acoustics, depending on the panels. If you are interested, please leave a note and I post the videos.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AxelRittershaus

Thank you for sharing your setup. How amazing that you have your dedicated recording studio! 

I would love to see videos of the acoustic changes, depending on the panel! I am sure this will be helpful for fellow instructors, especially, as our topic of the month is AV! 

20230515_115756.jpg20230515_115801.jpg

DJI Pocket 2, 2 light boxes, 1 overhead light, LED backlight, and DJI remote mic

20230515_115837.jpg

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing, @Coach Compton! Looks great! 

image.jpg

Robert Chalmers
Author & Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.