Stereo to mono on a DSLR camera

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo to mono on a DSLR camera

Hi, some advice please if anyone can help with this: 

I'm trying to record video for my course on my DSLR camera. The video quality is great, but the audio quality is a problem. I'm using an external lapel mic and I discovered that once I plug in an external mic it converts the recording to stereo and the sound is only coming out of one channel.

How can I use an external mic and keep it as a mono recording? I can't afford to buy software to do this later and I'm on an astonishingly tight budget now. Can someone recommend an audio splitter that would do the job that is available in the UK? 

Thanks, I hope someone can help with this.

2 Replies

Isn't there a setting on your camera to do that?

And even if there isn't, you would be editing your videos anyway, I bet you could duplicate your channel to stereo somewhere.

Have you downloaded the file and uploaded to Audacity or whatever audio mixer you're using? If you have not, it's likely you're hearing out of one channel because that's all your camera can handle. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors