Tascam External Microphone Not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tascam External Microphone Not Working

Go to solution

Hi all,

I purchased a Tascam Dr-05 that came with an external microphone (Xpix).  I used it for the first time a couple of months ago and it worked fine.  Today when I went to use it again, I can't get the external microphone to work.  I have the input level turned up as high as possible and it is barely registering my voice.  I'm not aware of having changed any of the settings but this may have inadvertently happened.  When I don't have the external microphone in, my voice is registering at around -10dB.  With the external microphone in my voice is registering at -45dB.  Does anyone have any idea what could be going on and how to fix this?  

Many thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Check phantom power, needed for condenser mics.

Rec Settings => Mic power

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Check that it is set to external mic, it can reset to internal and to change it back is not that obvious.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Check phantom power, needed for condenser mics.

Rec Settings => Mic power

Go to solution

Check that it is set to external mic, it can reset to internal and to change it back is not that obvious.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.