cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Teleprompter Recommendations

A few years ago there was a discussion about teleprompters and what I remember is that some genius instructors built their own. I am not going to do that. I want to buy an off the shelf teleprompter to use with either a laptop or an iPad and with my Nikon Z6ii camera. There are a bunch listed on B&H (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=teleprompters&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps) but it is pretty confusing. 

Who uses one and is happy with how it works? Can you recommend one?

Thanks, Larry

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
4 Replies

I have a small Desiview one that attaches directly to my DSLRs lens, and it works perfectly fine. But I've gone away from reading off a teleprompter since I'm not so great at sounding or looking natural while doing so (it takes some practice). The Desiview one won't fit a full-sized iPad, but it will support an iPad mini, smart phones, smaller tablets, and it comes with a controller to control the speed of the teleprompter app scrolling text.

I've included a screenshot from Amazon of someone using it with their Nikon DSLR, as well as a different one that fits an iPad. Overall, the general design is fairly universal, except the larger ones have a dedicated frame to hold both your camera and iPad. 90% of them use the same controller, so I assume most are produced at the same factory and are just re-branded with different names.

I wouldn't recommend a laptop teleprompter because the text will be slightly lower than the camera, so your eyes will be focused slightly lower than the camera lens. 

Example2.jpgExample1.jpg

Example3.jpg

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks, that looks good. My idea is not to read a script on a teleprompter. I have never written or read a script. But, to project my PPTs with key points, graphics, etc., that I talk from. Rather than looking down at my laptop, I thought it would seem to be more natural to be able to look directly into the camera without looking down. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Makes complete sense; having the camera lens directly behind you would definitely would make it look a lot more natural versus looking down. I'd go with any teleprompter that has good reviews, fits your iPad, and isn't too expense, as they'll all get the job done.

Teleprompter Pro from the Microsoft Store. It's cheap and does everything I want to with minimal learning curve.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors