Teleprompter software or app

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teleprompter software or app

Hi everyone, happy new year! 🎉 

I’ve seen a few posts about teleprompters, but they all seem to relate to an actual device which is used to display words when another decide shows the mirrored text. I’d prefer to find an online solution by way of some software or an app, that I can hit play on and have it somewhere on my screen, ideally just under the webcam!

I’ve found an iPhone app that is pretty good, granted the words take up most of my screen so I can’t see myself talking but that’s not a problem. But for my Windows laptop, I’m not sure what to use - does anybody have any recommendations?

I’ve recently spent out on a webcam, microphone, ring light etc and so I’d rather not have the cost of another bit of kit if I can find a suitable programme!

Thank you ️ 

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MelanieStevens183, great question! I was searching the community for instructors who are using all kinds of teleprompters and found a very useful comment from an instructor using MS Word as a teleprompter, which might be useful for you. You can take a look here

I would also love to see if anyone else can contribute by sharing their experiences with you, so hoping someone else can comment here with some recommendations. 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

My computer is a Mac and I use one of the "credits" features of iMovie as a teleprompter.

It's not the easiest way to do it, for sure, but it works for me:

- In iMovie I create a "title" and of the options I select "scrolling credits"

- I copy and paste the text prompts I need into the scrolling credits

- I put that window up near the computer's camera, so that I when I am reading, my eyes are always near the camera.

Hit record!

Good luck!

Wonderful, thank you! I’ll take a look at the link you’ve shared and will see if anyone else has a programme they would recommend ️ 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.