Teleprompter software or app

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Teleprompter software or app

Hi everyone, happy new year! ๐ŸŽ‰ 

Iโ€™ve seen a few posts about teleprompters, but they all seem to relate to an actual device which is used to display words when another decide shows the mirrored text. Iโ€™d prefer to find an online solution by way of some software or an app, that I can hit play on and have it somewhere on my screen, ideally just under the webcam!

Iโ€™ve found an iPhone app that is pretty good, granted the words take up most of my screen so I canโ€™t see myself talking but thatโ€™s not a problem. But for my Windows laptop, Iโ€™m not sure what to use - does anybody have any recommendations?

Iโ€™ve recently spent out on a webcam, microphone, ring light etc and so Iโ€™d rather not have the cost of another bit of kit if I can find a suitable programme!

Thank you โญ๏ธ 

4 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MelanieStevens183, great question! I was searching the community for instructors who are using all kinds of teleprompters and found a very useful comment from an instructor using MS Word as a teleprompter, which might be useful for you. You can take a look here

I would also love to see if anyone else can contribute by sharing their experiences with you, so hoping someone else can comment here with some recommendations. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

My computer is a Mac and I use one of the "credits" features of iMovie as a teleprompter.

It's not the easiest way to do it, for sure, but it works for me:

- In iMovie I create a "title" and of the options I select "scrolling credits"

- I copy and paste the text prompts I need into the scrolling credits

- I put that window up near the computer's camera, so that I when I am reading, my eyes are always near the camera.

Hit record!

Good luck!

Wonderful, thank you! Iโ€™ll take a look at the link youโ€™ve shared and will see if anyone else has a programme they would recommend โญ๏ธ 

Hi all,

I thought I would pop back onto this post as I actually found a really good teleprompter which I've been using it for my last 2 courses. It's here: https://telepromptermirror.com/telepromptersoftware.htm

It's very simple and easy to use, you can change font size, position, speed etc which is all you need! I find it best to position it in a resized window just underneath my camera so my eyes are looking very close to the camera.

Hope that is helpful ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Melanie

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors