Update Course Using 4k Recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Course Using 4k Recording

I am in the process of updating my course and wondering if I should do my screen recording using the 4K resolution option. Would it hurt anything if I did? Wouldn't that make the videos future proof?

Thanks, 

Charles

2 Replies

At the expense of longer processing times, uploading time and filesize you've got the benefit of making them future proof.  I would consider too, where else you can use your content (besides Udemy), since it's possible 4k will be an option.

We're still at a point of 720 resolution with 1080 being provided only at special request here ('Adaptive streaming') on Udemy, so that's a concern for many.  Screen resolutions are advancing and in turn, details are too.

I'd hope the next change here regarding this, won't be providing 1080, but 4K and a 1080 option for those students who don't have the bandwidth.  'Adaptive streaming' is good - provided that it can adapt to cater to those who are able to view 4K.

Udemy really needs to enable 4K support in my opinion.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.