Using Audacity in post-production

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Audacity in post-production

Hello all,

I received my first test video feedback back, and while my video passed the basic criteria, I received the recommendation to use Audacity for echoing and clarity. I'm struggling with VideoPad and being a beginner editor, so adding a brand new chunk of software to my learning is overwhelming and disheartening.

I've noted the recommendations on setting up the recording space. My video is about traveling, and I'm currently traveling (writing this from Hanoi, Vietnam), so setting up the perfect, carpeted space isn't going to work right now.

I've recorded about half of my videos, and a third are edited almost to completion.

So my questions:

-- How can I unlink audio from video in my MP4 to work with the audio in Audacity, and after, how do I ensure they're synced up properly in my editing software?

-- Did you publish lectures with this feedback, and how did it go? Nothing is garbled, so maybe I just run with it?!

Stephanie

1 Reply

Dear Stephanie, 

Welcome to Udemy. Audio quality is very important in success of course. As per recommendations of Udemy, i will also highly recommend you to use Audacity. The use of Audacity is pretty easy. It also provides you option to get only audio from the video files. For this you need to install an extra plugin in the audacity which is ffmpeg. The link for this is provided below 

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_ffmpeg_for_windows.html

Once you will install it then you just need to drag the video files in Audacity and it will automatically extract all audio from your video files. There are some good tutorials available on YouTube regarding use of Audacity. 

Meanwhile, you alos need to silent your video. For this one you can use number of different softwares. Once you have your clean audio and silent video then you can join them again. I can understand that this will be laberous work but let me assure you that it will greatly help you to make good quality content. 

Good luck dear. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.