Video File Size (is it really 4GB?)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video File Size (is it really 4GB?)

Hey guys,

So one of the lectures i'm editing now is really long (45min) (i know bad practice). Anyhow the file size came up to 6 GB so couldn't upload since the cap is 4GB.

I rendered at lower bitrate so i got the size down to 3.92GB, when i try to upload it still tells me " file is too large, maximum file size is 4.0GB."

Does anyone know what's the exact cutoff?

Thanks 🙂

4 Replies

Hi Mohsen, 

I think no one would be able tell you the answer in this community, ha ha, as in my assumption you are probably first who is trying with such a large file.

My suggestion to you would be to write to Udemy about this.

Also, if possible please try to break the entire video in parts, it is indeed a fact that a long video will not be able to keep attention of the listeners and bad for the success of course. 

If you still want to do that please write to Udemy.

Best wishes,

Shibaji

Hi, if you are using Final Cut Pro, then you do have options to compress your file. Example use 1920 x 1080 as your output, which it’s full HD but the file size will reduce considerably. 

I hope my tip will help

thanks

dean 

Same problem here! I have one long video and it's 3.7 GB. I still get the message that the video file is too large!

The limit is indeed 4GB, however, many systems will assume that anything above 3gb will be round about equal to 4 GB. Its based on experimenting. To the original problem, I'd suggest cutting the video in 2 sections if possible :(.

Otherwise, render it with HDR resolution (1280 x 720) It should reduce the size significantly, and its still very much clear for anyone to understand it

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.