Volume

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume

Go to solution

2 of my students have said they are having audio issues, one received a refund and one who just messaged me now has completed 64% of the course but isn't saying in what section the issues arise, what can I do all the audio is clear at my end? Any advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @ScottPrecious,

Please advise your student to reach out to our Support Team so we can assist them directly.

This will allow us to better identify the cause of the problem, whether the issue is related to the student's device/environment or if it's a problem that our engineering team can fix.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @ScottPrecious,

Please advise your student to reach out to our Support Team so we can assist them directly.

This will allow us to better identify the cause of the problem, whether the issue is related to the student's device/environment or if it's a problem that our engineering team can fix.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you, I've let the student know. 

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Abbie just to add to that as I too have had students complaining that they cannot hear as the volume seemed to have nosedived. I have directed them to look at the Udemy video player and adjust it there.

I think it is just in the long list of issues currently being experienced. I have had three messages this morning from students over not being able to write their assignment on their laptops as there is no space to do so. Yes, I have reported it and yes I have asked them too.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Thank you for bringing it up, and thank you for reporting it to support, @SharonRamel! Hopefully, support can find a quick resolution. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

When I launched my first course in 2014, the first few reviews I got said that the audio was too low.

I had to learn really fast how to detect proper audio levels. The students were right and I had to amplify all of the audio on every video in my course.

So my challenge to you is, what IF you audio has some issues and you don't realize it? How can you prove that the audio is good, emperically?

You should invite a few people who know about audio to listen and give some feedback, for one. Or look at the waveforms in an audio editor and view the background noise and audio levels visually.

Because I thought my audio was good until someone pointed out that it wasn't. And then I had to learn more about audio that I didn't know I needed to know.

ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

I just listened to a few videos of your course, and the audio could be better. There is background noise and a bit of echo in the room. You could fix this by running it through Audacity or similar program.

https://www.udemy.com/mediumship-and-psychic-development/

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

@ScottPrecious  My tip is to listen to your lectures on your phone, tablet and computer, you will see there is a difference! Mine used to be a lot quieter than they are today. Once i discovered how variable different devices are I erred on the side of higher volume - they can turn it down but if the Udemy player and your device(s) are all at max levels then....... 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Your audio is very very low with lot of background noise. Even after putting udemy at max, my computer volume at max and my speakers volume at max, I have difficulty in listening. 

Audacity is great tool to overcome the issue of background noise (of contstant level though), and you can use comressor tool to somehow make the volume consistent and boost it too. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.