What's the best way to reduce background noise in your videos?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's the best way to reduce background noise in your videos?

Hey instructors 👋.

Background noise can be a huge hindrance to your course's audio clairty and I’m sure that many of you have experienced it. Most of the time you can’t control the outside noise, but you can control the environment where you create your content.

I’d love to hear more about your best practices!

What’s the best way to reduce background noise in your videos?

Feel free to post your answers in the comments below!

6 Replies

It's important to reduce the noise naturally first so pick up a place that has the little amount of noise first but if that's not good enough, I would suggest:

- Using Audacity, It's a free software, doesn't require experience and it can turn your audio magically.

- If Audacity is not an option then i would recommend  Adobe Audition, It has a variety of plug-ins and internal features that can go beyond what you want to a good quality audio in an E-Online course.

Luckly, Youtube is full of tutorials for those two and in 10 minutes you can learn how to reduce a better audio with almost no background noise.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Moustafa Ahmed

Yes, Audacity seems to be a great and free solution, especially for the ones who are just starting their journey in teaching online.

Thank you for sharing 🙌.

Using NVIDIA RTX Voice, you can use audio noise canceling and maximize your sound quality.

noise reduction was one of my biggest problem, it takes too long time  to cut each small part of the sound wave  .. in my first 3 course i was using camtasia noise removal tool it is the same quality as audasity ,, but in my last course i used AI  online denoise website it is very very good and fast 😊. i dont know if i can put a link here or not

I will try my best 

The biggest issue with the AI noise cancelation services out there is that it remains a case of " garbage in, garbage out", which boils down to the unfortunate fact that you still need decent audio quality for good results.   As for AI, I've tried Adobe's version, and it is horrible. It flattens out my voice and make me sound like a robot. 

When it comes to background noise , the best solution still is to remove as much of the noise  you possibly can while recording. Hang curtains against sound reflective surfaces, use a pop filter on your mic...it doesn't have to break the bank. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors