What screen recording software do you use?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What screen recording software do you use?

Go to solution

Just curious to see what everyone else is using!

I’ll start - I use Screenflow

Your turn! GO!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Screencast-o-matic is recording software that is pretty affoardable. 

more info

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Screencast-o-matic

For free you and always use Apowersoft screen recorder.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I use Camtasia for Screen Recording, Editing, and Special Effects.

View solution in original post

46 Replies

Go to solution

I use Camtasia (version 9, which I was able to get at a discount).

I used Corel Video Studio before Camtasia.  It has very interesting editing capabilites, but I found that the audio quality was not very good.  I kept using it just for screen recording even after I switched to Camtasia for editing, as I found the screencasts were a little better, until I got tired of dealing with two different applications and switched completely to Camtasia.

Go to solution

Screencast, all the way. It does a phenomenal job.

Go to solution

Hola gigmaster..I'm thinking of using Screencast..silly question coming up..Is the editing tool on screncast good? O r can I edit the Screencast videos in Windows movie Maker?

Gracias

Go to solution

Screencast-o-matic 

Go to solution

I use Screenflow as well!

Go to solution

I use QuickTime on Mac. It's free and easy to use. 

Go to solution

how do you change the aspect ratio to 16:9 on quicktime on mac?

Go to solution

I also use Screenflow capture.

Go to solution

I use Camtasia. I don't think you can beat Camtasia in simplicity or both recording and light editing.

For FREE OBS studio is great.

Go to solution

If you have a good webcam Camtasia will turn on you. Trust me ...you will see 🙂 been using camtasia for years and how dissapointed I am to know that it is incapable of recording a full hd video at any decent FPS. Heck, you can't even record 60fps on your screen if you don't pay $100 for the 2018 update 😞

Go to solution

I faced this issue recently. Camtasia is significantly dropping my Logitech c920 quality. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

Go to solution

I use Wirecast (same company as Screenflow - but I also use Wirecast for live YouTube videos). I also use Quicktime on my Mac and PowerPoint on my Windows computer (the Windows version of PowerPoint lets you record the screen). 

Go to solution

I use screencast-o-matic 🙂

Go to solution

I have been testing Bandicam lately and it proves to be a very high quality program for recording both screen and webcam.

Currently I use Camtasia 9 + Elgato Game Capture to capture my DSLR as a webcam to a separate mp4 file. 

I use camtasia for the ease of usage and video editing afterwards. Too bad camtasia can't record both screen + webcam with decent fps / resolution!

Go to solution

Sreen O Matic is affordable for a new instructor like myself

Go to solution

I use Screenflow. But thistis from a year or two ago and I get constant messages to upgrade. I used a version of OBO that I got from Experfy, and I've used Camtasia, up until I had to pay for it.

I'd love a suggestion for what's recommended and why. What's Screencast-o-matic?

Go to solution

Screencast-o-matic is recording software that is pretty affoardable. 

more info

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Screencast-o-matic

For free you and always use Apowersoft screen recorder.

Go to solution

Apowersoft screen recorder is Free and can record screencast of any length  more infohttps://www.apowersoft.com/free-online-screen-recorder

Go to solution

hello ,

check the license, the free version it's only for personal use not for busines

Go to solution

hi, I use screecast-o-matic too. is ti allowed to publish video on Udemy in free version of this software, where the logo is showed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors