What screen recording software do you use?

Options
2»

Comments

• AndréFontenelle
    Options

Hi Phil,

I use iShowU and I'm too satisfied for use it.

Because, It quickly after recorded the video is ready to go.

• Lauryn77
    Options

thank you! It was an important doubt, before completing the whole course and having to remake it from the biginning! you really saved me, thanks!

• RamziDeveloper
    Options

Hi @PhilEbiner
    i use Camtasia Studio and it is awesome

• YoniGoldberg
    Options

I faced this issue recently. Camtasia is significantly dropping my Logitech c920 quality. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

• manishpaulsimon
    Options

I use Streamlabs OBS studio but I plan to shift Camtasia since most of them here are using it.

• BarrieRose
    Options

Wow I just spent an hour looking for the best free screen recording software... started with camtasia but it doesn't let you export with free version (unless its watermarked) , screencast o matic was pretty reasonably priced but then I realized you can use QUICKTIME on Mac laptops to record screen and the quality is better then screencast o matic...phewww, quicktime wins for being free and soooo easy to use. thanks for this forum, it was helpful as well

• Anass Erraidi
    Options

hello ,

check the license, the free version it's only for personal use not for busines

• MikeMcRoberts
    Options

OBS of course

• I have just started this journey of publishing courses and I discovered Loom, have you actually been able to upload the recordings in your Udemy Course?

I actually like that Loom does screen & talking head.

• DoreenMalle022
    Options

I am working on my first course and I plan to use screencast-o-matic. I have used this software before for other (basic) purposes with my computer audio. Will that be good enough?

Thanks

Doreen

• MikeMcRoberts
    Options

Use OBS. It is free:

https://obsproject.com/

• dilips
    dilips Posts: 43 Community Champion rank
    Options

@DoreenMalle022
    Yes that works. I used it for all of my courses. It's a pretty handy tool. The benefit is the editing tool that comes with it.

• IrenKolt
    IrenKolt Posts: 1 observer rank
    Options

Hey everyone! i use Movavi - low cost and a huge variety of features, including screen capture and more

• Francois-P
    Options

I use Powerpoint (PC version includes nice screen and sound recording).

For MAC Quicktime is very easy to use too...

Cheers

François

• Saloni467
    Options

how do you change the aspect ratio to 16:9 on quicktime on mac?

• AdamDaniel855
    Options

I use vidmore, its simple, flexible and straightforward. I use it for screen video, webcam and just audio recording (voice overs).