What was the last upgrade you made with your AV setup?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! 

I’d love to hear from those who got some new tech into their recording setup! We always love to show off our fancy new gadgets and I’d love to see what you have recently picked up.

Feel free to share your upgrades and bonus points for those who take a picture! 

4 Replies

Sony a6400 with Sigma lens for on-camera videos. Connected via Elgato Camlink 4k. Get comments all the time on Zoom about the amazing quality of my video.

Upgraded audio last year to Shure SM7B through Elgato Wave XLR. Sounds amazing.

RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! That seems that you added some real firepower to your video setup! Have you seen a significant difference compared to your old camera?

For sure. I had an "HD" webcam that I tried to use before but the new camera is 100x better and super clear and clean looking. I have an 18mm and a 30mm lens that I can use or a zoom lens but the 18mm is my go-to right now.

A second hand cinema camera (BMPCC original) + vintage 25 mm Voigtlander lens to record cinematic intros for our videos. The thing has no IBIS....but I guess it looks even more cinematic because of that. Surprisingly not very expensive and in fact cheaper than your average mirrorless camera or DSLR.   

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.