Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which Editing Software do you use?

Hello Instructors!

We know that everyone has their own style of video creation because we’ve already seen your different audio & visual setups. But for this discussion, we’d love to know which software you are using to pull it all together?

Which editing software do you use and why do you use it?

85 Replies
IanLJ
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

I use Camtasia and use Izotope RX for audio editing.  I find RX is great for easily cleaning up sounds and especially removal of breath sounds.  The automated removal of breaths has really sped up my video editing times.

Thanks for sharing Izotope RX. I'm currently using Audacity with plugins to de-ess and remove breathing sounds, but Izotope RX seems like a better solution. Are you able to set up macros to automate the audio editing process with it?

DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I use Camtasia as well!

ScreenFlow for screen recordings + editing. iZotope RX for audio post-processing.

Screen flow it works a treat

Camtasia.  At this stage, I don't want to spend any more time than necessary editing.  Camtasia is extremely powerful, yet also easy to use, and with the Assets Pack, I get tons of customizable, prebuilt, professional looking and sounding material.  It's all I need for now.

I use and like Camtasia as its easy to use and they have good supporting tutorials. Plus lots of other tutorials on YouTube and courses on Udemy. I am not a video editing expert at all but can I am on camera and also will do some screen shares. 

Camtasia.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Adobe Premiere Elements.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

My courses are 99% screencasts, so I use Screenflow on my Macbook, and even use it to edit talking heads and promo videos.

Camtasia

I'm using vn editor on my Ipad . It's free and easy to use video editor , as I'm making educational treading information video so I don't need any high level editing or cinematic shoot . 

VN VIDEO EDITOR is enough for me fast and simple 

Camtasia! It is easy to use, and you get amazing results 😃

Ceci Mansilla

Camtasia before my PC updates to Windows11 and rendered it useless. Now I rely on a combination of Filmora and OBS, which is definitely not as good as Camtasia was.

Screenflow for screencast based courses, Premiere Pro when I'm recording mostly talking head/demonstration-based courses. 

Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing because it provides a lot of flexibility and customization tools, Bandicam for screen recording (I had a license so I am going with it), and Adobe Audition for audio recording and editing (I know just enough to get good editing results and it comes with the Adobe Suite that I know a bit about from my college days).

I use NCH. DebutVideoCapture for recording, Photopad for photo editing, Wavepad for sound editing and Videopad for video editing. I find them all very user friendly, not that expensive and they do exactly what I require of them. It has excellent functionality across all their software. It seems a lot of instructors use Camtasia. Never tried it. Might do one day but at the moment, I am very satisfied with the NCH packages.

Inshot app

I use Icecream Screen Recorder for recording screencasts and then edit them in Adobe Premiere Pro. I also have Audacity installed on my laptop but rarely use it.

Camstia studio. Due to its ease of use for my screen recording. Audio is also recorded at the same time in same file. 

Adobe premiere 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.