Which Editing Software do you use?

Options

Hello Instructors!

We know that everyone has their own style of video creation because we’ve already seen your different audio & visual setups. But for this discussion, we’d love to know which software you are using to pull it all together?

Which editing software do you use and why do you use it?

Comments

• MichaelPog
    MichaelPog Posts: 974 Community Champion rank
    Options

@SimonKloot
    I've been considering Camtasia for a while. What are the benefits of using it over OBS + Final Cut Pro which is what I use?

• Bernard Polidario
    Options

Davinci Resolve, it's free and does its job to create amazing edits.

• MariusManola
    Options

I currently use DaVinci Resolve 18, but I have used Camtasia Studio 8. I recommend Camtasia to anyone that needs nothing more but simple editing and a screen recording incorporated within the software. Camtasia is really great, still DaVinci is the winner for me!

• IanLJ
    IanLJ Posts: 49 Community Champion rank
    Options

I use Camtasia and use Izotope RX for audio editing. I find RX is great for easily cleaning up sounds and especially removal of breath sounds. The automated removal of breaths has really sped up my video editing times.

• DiogoAlvesd487
    Options

I use Camtasia as well!

• ba0708
    ba0708 Posts: 197 Community Champion rank
    Options

ScreenFlow for screen recordings + editing. iZotope RX for audio post-processing.

• JulianJenki396
    Options

Screen flow it works a treat

• StanVangild204
    Options

Camtasia. At this stage, I don't want to spend any more time than necessary editing. Camtasia is extremely powerful, yet also easy to use, and with the Assets Pack, I get tons of customizable, prebuilt, professional looking and sounding material. It's all I need for now.

• StanVangild204
    Options

Thanks @AHardin. Are there currently any discounted licenses for Camtasia?

• AHardin
    AHardin Posts: 520 Community Champion rank
    Options

Thanks for sharing Izotope RX. I'm currently using Audacity with plugins to de-ess and remove breathing sounds, but Izotope RX seems like a better solution. Are you able to set up macros to automate the audio editing process with it?

• AHardin
    Options

I don't think Udemy partners with them anymore, but you can ask Udemy. I do know that TechSmith runs sales periodically. I'd check their website.

• SteveBallinger
    Options

I use and like Camtasia as its easy to use and they have good supporting tutorials. Plus lots of other tutorials on YouTube and courses on Udemy. I am not a video editing expert at all but can I am on camera and also will do some screen shares.

• SandeepKumar
    Options

Camtasia.

• LawrenceMMiller
    LawrenceMMiller Posts: 2,214 Community Champion rank
    Options

Adobe Premiere Elements.

• Jonas Schmedtman
    Options

My courses are 99% screencasts, so I use Screenflow on my Macbook, and even use it to edit talking heads and promo videos.

• SAPBuddy
    SAPBuddy Posts: 201 Community Champion rank
    Options

Camtasia

• SimonKloot
    SimonKloot Posts: 78 Community Champion rank
    Options

Camtasia is a lot more intuitive for me than OBS.

I haven't used Final Cut Pro.

• SumanDebnath
    Options

I'm using vn editor on my Ipad . It's free and easy to use video editor , as I'm making educational treading information video so I don't need any high level editing or cinematic shoot .

VN VIDEO EDITOR is enough for me fast and simple

• Ceci Mansilla
    Options

Camtasia! It is easy to use, and you get amazing results

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,718 Community Champion rank
    Options

I think that old promotion is also what sucked me in with Camtasia, and I still use it to this day.

It does what I need, but I have to admit the licensing fee for it seems a bit high for what it is. It's also annoying that I need to buy additional licenses for every computer I might edit on.

I do wish Camtasia offered some more modern-looking motion graphics, lower-thirds, and intro/outro templates though. Even with their add-on packages there's not much that really looks like the style I have in mind.

I've never used DaVinci Resolve, but I've been eyeing it with curiosity...

• TrevoirWill
    TrevoirWill Posts: 140 Community Champion rank
    Options

Camtasia before my PC updates to Windows11 and rendered it useless. Now I rely on a combination of Filmora and OBS, which is definitely not as good as Camtasia was.

• PhilEbiner
    PhilEbiner Posts: 157 Community Champion rank
    Options

Screenflow for screencast based courses, Premiere Pro when I'm recording mostly talking head/demonstration-based courses.

• Rudranil Chakrabortty
    Options

Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing because it provides a lot of flexibility and customization tools, Bandicam for screen recording (I had a license so I am going with it), and Adobe Audition for audio recording and editing (I know just enough to get good editing results and it comes with the Adobe Suite that I know a bit about from my college days).

• JeffSharman592
    Options

I use NCH. DebutVideoCapture for recording, Photopad for photo editing, Wavepad for sound editing and Videopad for video editing. I find them all very user friendly, not that expensive and they do exactly what I require of them. It has excellent functionality across all their software. It seems a lot of instructors use Camtasia. Never tried it. Might do one day but at the moment, I am very satisfied with the NCH packages.

• Midah Crochet
    Options

Inshot app

• NzangiM
    NzangiM Posts: 5
    Options

I use Icecream Screen Recorder for recording screencasts and then edit them in Adobe Premiere Pro. I also have Audacity installed on my laptop but rarely use it.

• AHardin
    Options

I agree that the licensing isn't as great as it needs to be, but, overall, I don't think it's too bad when you compare it to Adobe and others in the software industry that use a monthly subscription business model.

It's not the best software in the industry, is very CPU intensive (doesn't like using GPU power) and I agree that TechSmith hasn't really innovated their animations library, but it gets the job done, is easy to use, and suits the needs for probably 90% of the instructors here.

• Sijal_Ahmed
    Sijal_Ahmed Posts: 239 Community Champion rank
    Options

Camstia studio. Due to its ease of use for my screen recording. Audio is also recorded at the same time in same file.