Wireless Mic system for lapel - recommendation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mic system for lapel - recommendation?

Hi. I recently purchased a Rode Go 2 with Sennheiser mic. Im completely new to this so want to be sure I’ve considered all my options. My requirements are a wireless lapel mic that can:

1) hookup to my Sony A7RIV camera so I can capture the audio with video. 
2) hookup to my MacBook Pro (presumably via USB) so I can record screen captures and do drawings and record quality audio.

I appreciate any other ideas or recommendations that meet those 2 needs. I just want to ensure if I invest $300-$500 I’m going to be happy with it for a while. The setup I bought was $200 for the Rode and $100 for the Sennheiser. I probably would want to stay under $500 or $600 for any similar solution.

-Justin 

3 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Early on I bought two different inexpensive wireless systems and I had all kinds of problems with them. I finally decided to buy a professional quality system and for five years it has worked perfectly. If this is your "job", invest in good equipment. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1484178-REG/sony_uwp_d21_14_uwp_d21_camera_mount_wireless_omn...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks for your reply. Can that Sony you linked be hooked up to my Mac via USB for me to record audio only?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I am sure you can. I don't use it that way so you may want to check the specs and ask a question on the B&H site. They are very good about answering questions like that. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.