Are computer generated voices acceptable?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Are computer generated voices acceptable?

Go to solution

Although my voice is ok, I've had the snuffles for far too long. I've starting creating my first course Learn C Games Programming and discovered that text-to-speech voices on Windows 10 are pretty good.  They sound natural with only the odd place where you might realise it's not a human.

I have done voice recording before (using Camtasia for screencasts)  and I feel that text-to-speech can increase the throughput. I'm happy to upload a sample of what I've done. 

So I just wanted to sound people out on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Champion FrankKane Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Are computer generated voices acceptable?

Go to solution

Text to speech software isn't allowed on Udemy. If students notice it's not a human, they can report you and your course can be taken down. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232367-Audio-Standards-and-Choosing-a-Microphone

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Champion FrankKane Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Text to speech software isn't allowed on Udemy. If students notice it's not a human, they can report you and your course can be taken down. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232367-Audio-Standards-and-Choosing-a-Microphone

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Ah thank you. I had missed that. Just as well I asked!

Go to solution

Hi @DavidHBolton I know these things have improved but they are still text-to-speak and generally people can tell and although you think it's ok most people dislike it. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors