Are computer generated voices acceptable?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are computer generated voices acceptable?

Go to solution

Although my voice is ok, I've had the snuffles for far too long. I've starting creating my first course Learn C Games Programming and discovered that text-to-speech voices on Windows 10 are pretty good.  They sound natural with only the odd place where you might realise it's not a human.

I have done voice recording before (using Camtasia for screencasts)  and I feel that text-to-speech can increase the throughput. I'm happy to upload a sample of what I've done. 

So I just wanted to sound people out on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Are computer generated voices acceptable?

Go to solution

Text to speech software isn't allowed on Udemy. If students notice it's not a human, they can report you and your course can be taken down. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232367-Audio-Standards-and-Choosing-a-Microphone

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Text to speech software isn't allowed on Udemy. If students notice it's not a human, they can report you and your course can be taken down. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232367-Audio-Standards-and-Choosing-a-Microphone

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Ah thank you. I had missed that. Just as well I asked!

Go to solution

Hi @DavidHBolton I know these things have improved but they are still text-to-speak and generally people can tell and although you think it's ok most people dislike it. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!