Course reviews - Average seems off

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course reviews - Average seems off

Go to solution

Hi Udemy Community!

I launched my first course a couple weeks ago and it´s doing pretty good.  I´ve got around 32 enrolments and 11 reviews.

From these 11 reviews, I have 10 five-star reviews and 1 four-star review.

So the average should be pretty high.  Somehow Udemy only shows an average of 4.4.

I understand that Udemy has some kind of algorithm and that the review average is not simple the sum of all stars divided by the number of reviews (which would give an average of 4.91 in my case. 

Still, 4.4 is quite low outcome from the algorithm for a course with 10 five-star and 1 four-star review.  And furthermore, it was 4.91 before (with the same number of reviews) and all of a sudden went down to 4.4.

Can anyone explain me how a 4.4 is possible with such high reviews and why it change all of a sudden from 4.91 with same number of reviews?  I am not trying to be cocky here, just trying to understand 😄

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

It seems there is a bug in Udemy review system. It happened with everyone, dont worry !

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

I just noticed that lots of other courses in my field have totally strange average all of a sudden (averages of 5.1 and 6.1 stars, other courses dropping to half the average all of a sudden).

There is most probably a problem in the Udemy review algorithm at the moment.

Does anyone have a status update on this issue?

Thanks!

Go to solution

It seems there is a bug in Udemy review system. It happened with everyone, dont worry !

Go to solution

Thanks for you answer, I figured it was something like that.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors