Free access for reviews to gain traction

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free access for reviews to gain traction

Hello

I've recently launched a course for the first time, and have picked up just a tiny handful of students (4 in the first week) so struggling to gain any traction. I'm not sure on what are the allowed rules for using free coupons to gain some positive reviews. I've read on some posts that this is okay to do, and on other posts this is not allowed - and initial reviews from friends / family / close contacts will be considers as "fake" reviews. So I don't want to do anything I shouldn't. I've noticed other instructors posting free access links into various online forums and asking for reviews in return. Is this permitted, or will the reviews get blocked.

I don't want to do the wrong thing, but is this acceptable at the beginning? 

Can I also give access to family members for example to leave a review, or is not allowed? I not sure the difference between giving it to a family/friend for a review than posting the link on social media and asking for positive review in return?

I understand I need some initial reviews at the beginning. Now BF sale has started and I have no reviews I really need some in order to encourage more than $2 of sales that I have so far.

Thanks for advise

2 Replies

Reviews from free coupons don't actually show up as they're coming sidereal to have been engineered.

@TimMacLachlan  My opinion:  You should DEFINITELY create some free coupons and distribute to your network. You shouldn't say, "Here's my course for free in return for a positive review."  But you CAN say, "Here's my course for free.  Please leave a rating and review to help me create the best courses possible, and message me with any suggestions you may have."  You are right - it is critical to get those early ratings in order to gain traction.  You're on the right track.  Consider Udemy's course creation course if you haven't taken it already.  It covers some of this.  Here's more details for how to, and how NOT to, ask for reviews:  https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007512653-Rules-Against-Manipulating-or-Influencing-t...

Good luck!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors