I want to make a course first time so can I make it as free or paid

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to make a course first time so can I make it as free or paid

Go to solution

I Want to make a course first time in Udemy. can I make it free or paid.

if I make it as free then after I got some sale then can I make it as paid

first I want to does my course interesting or not for the students, that's why I have this doubt.

please anyone share your experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You can make it a free course, but results on a free course and paid differ a lot. In my free courses there are a lot of enrollments as it is free but not many students start the course or engage well. In case of paid courses students engage a lot more, most complete 100% of the course as well. In free course you don't have to convince students as much but in a paid course you landing page has to be very strong. There are a lot of difference so in case you feel you are teaching something valuable that a student should pay for its best so create a paid course.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You can make it a free course, but results on a free course and paid differ a lot. In my free courses there are a lot of enrollments as it is free but not many students start the course or engage well. In case of paid courses students engage a lot more, most complete 100% of the course as well. In free course you don't have to convince students as much but in a paid course you landing page has to be very strong. There are a lot of difference so in case you feel you are teaching something valuable that a student should pay for its best so create a paid course.

Go to solution

Thanks for your valuable feedback 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors