May Feedback Post: Give and get feedback on your course!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Feedback Post: Give and get feedback on your course!

Go to solution

Hey everyone, we know it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. This is the place you can ask for feedback and share your feedback too.

Before you share your course content, check out our self-promotion policy, and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hey @Andrew_Edwards, It's great to hear that these feedback threads have been helpful to you (and I'm sure to others as well). So thanks for pinging! Smiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hey everybody! 

I just posted a free course titled, "Let's Break Stuff: Coding for Beginners with HTML5 and CSS3"

Do you guys have any feedback about the course graphics, content, teaching formats, etc? 

Go to solution

Samir,   I cannot comment on the audio as I have a hearing disability - so I used the Closed Captions (CC) feature to watch it.   The visual images are clear, but occasionally the text of the CC did not make sense (or appeared to be misspellings).  I know this won't matter to most of your student attendees, but if the reader needs to use the CC for clarity ... then the CC text may need to be reviewed before the final launch.   Especially if the topic is to be used in a corporate audience. 

Go to solution

Hi Samir,

I would start maybe with a little bit of information about the objective of the course if this is the first video of the course - what are the benefits to buyers ...

Also, I would definitely accelerate the delivery! People can read your slides so they get bored if you move on too slowly.

Good luck!

Valentin

21 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @Andrew_Edwards, It's great to hear that these feedback threads have been helpful to you (and I'm sure to others as well). So thanks for pinging! Smiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you @Abbie for making this thread for us.

Much appreciated!

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

After placing enormous efforts and gathering confidence, I have prepared my FIRST video.

Request all the experienced professionals and Colleagues to spend some time to view my Video and provide your TRUE feedback.

Your feedback can help me to raise my video numbers. Else it will finish my confidence.

Thanks in Advance.

Gratitude

NAVIN JAIN

Go to solution

Hi Navin,

I am currently producing my first film, too, so I know how much work it is to get started. A thing I like is that one can understand you clearly and follow you easily. It would be nice if one could see you from time to time. Otherwise, it's getting a bit static.

Best,

Valentin

Go to solution

Man, keep it up ! You're doing very well let's grow up together!

i everyone! This is Luis, a member of the Udemy Community Team. I'm very excited to be here with you!

Go to solution

Hey everybody! 

I just posted a free course titled, "Let's Break Stuff: Coding for Beginners with HTML5 and CSS3"

Do you guys have any feedback about the course graphics, content, teaching formats, etc? 

Go to solution

Hi Andrew - I just found this Udemy link that may help - "A list of useful sources for instructors".  https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/A-list-of-useful-sources-for-instructors/m...     There is a sub listing for graphics/pictures at the very top. 

Regarding teaching formats... check out "Choosing the Right Lecture Format", 

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229606188-Choosing-the-right-lecture-format 

I purchased 4 courses from 4 different Udemy instructors and reviewed the "teaching formats" that they used ... just to get an idea.  It seems to be flexible based upon topics and instructor style.  But it did help give me some ideas.   I hope the above helps. 

Go to solution

Hi,I'm Samir Imtiaz,new at this community.Here is one of my contents from the course I am creating.I will be grateful if anyone give me some improving comments on my video regarding to content delivery,video quality,audio quality,presentation .

It can be noted that, I'm confused if my english acent is good enough as English is my second language.

Thanks for your time,I won't forget this help.

Go to solution

Samir,   I cannot comment on the audio as I have a hearing disability - so I used the Closed Captions (CC) feature to watch it.   The visual images are clear, but occasionally the text of the CC did not make sense (or appeared to be misspellings).  I know this won't matter to most of your student attendees, but if the reader needs to use the CC for clarity ... then the CC text may need to be reviewed before the final launch.   Especially if the topic is to be used in a corporate audience. 

Go to solution

Thanks mam.Your comment was helpful

Go to solution

@helloandhallo , sir can you please give me a short review on this video regarding to content delivery,video quality,audio quality,presentation,english acent ?It would be helpful for me

Go to solution

Hi Samir,

I would start maybe with a little bit of information about the objective of the course if this is the first video of the course - what are the benefits to buyers ...

Also, I would definitely accelerate the delivery! People can read your slides so they get bored if you move on too slowly.

Good luck!

Valentin

Go to solution

Thanks sir

Go to solution

@Abbie wrote:

Hey everyone, we know it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. This is the place you can ask for feedback and share your feedback too.

Before you share your course content, check out our self-promotion policy, and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

Sharing my first video lesson (sample version due to size limitation).  I would like any feedback regarding content, visual, or audio.  (I have a hearing disability, so difficult for me to distinguish or evaluate sound).   This is the 2nd test video.   Audio:  Used Blue Zeti microphone and SnagIt.  Visual:  PPT, unsplash.com images.  Content:  From a live 6.5-hour training course that I have taught for organizations.  Not as easy as I thought to convert to eLearning... All Feedback and hints welcome. 

Go to solution

Though your voice is clear and it seems you're expirienced in giving talks, the audio quality seems very bad - you sound like you're over the phone, and a very old phone. This does not sound like Blue Yeti.

Go to solution

I agree - the audio quality is not acceptable. However, the good news is that it appears to be a technical problem; once that is solved, your audio should be fine.

I would advise not directly reading text that is on the screen - that is "Death by PowerPoint". Maybe use different words, or have a summary on the screen.

Go to solution

Hi Abbie,

I used practice tests a lot, and I was bothered lately we cannot move questions from one quiz to another. Maybe your devs could implement this feature, if it is not too much...

Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am adding a video here that I had created when I just installed a video editing software. Your feedback will be enormously valuable to me. Thank you in advance.

Go to solution

Don't play background music - people will hate that.

Remove the background hum.

Generally, the background is louder than your talking.

Go to solution

Thank you.

You are right. I have seen certain free courses with depressing music where students had reviewed it.

For my video the I had reduced the background music to 6%. I had set the music chart peak way lower than my voice.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors