Need fast method to complete course | (Stuck in Scripting - Too Lengthy)

Hi everyone!

Hope you're doing well.

I am creating VFX Compositing course.

And I have already recorded my screencast tutorials without voiceover.

Now I am writing script for my screencast tutorials these days. And In these days I have realised that scripting of tutorials is very very lengthy task and lengthy than anything else.

It's taking 4 to 5 days for writing script of each tutorial and I still have to write script for 10 tutorials.

According to this it may take 1 and half month to just write scripts.

Then After that my remaining work will be recording of voice overs of all tutorials then editing, Motion graphics, Profile related tasks, publishing etc...

It seems I still need 2 to 3 months to publish my course and I have already spent 2 months on it.

Is it normal or I am doing something wrong?

Is there any other way to do things in quicker way?

Note: (I have tried to record my voiceover while recording screencast but couldnt do it becasue I cant focus on multiple things at same time and English is not my 1st language and I am not fluent in it so It become very hard for me to record voiceover and screen at same time. I dont know what to say while I am recording my screen.)

Need Help....

Thanks

Comments

• veajawad
    veajawad Posts: 42 trailblazer rank

Thanks a lot for detailed response. It helped me a lot.

• veajawad

Thanks a lot for this really good suggestion.

• Gamma
    Gamma Posts: 2 researcher rank

Why dont you use the sound track apps which will help you to recors voice wgile composing the turtorials

• veajawad

Hi! Thanks for your response.

I am actually using Camtasia Studio and It have facility to record voice over with while composing tutorial. But I am doing voice over seperatly because I dont know what to speak while recording screen.

• You can try to talk while capturing screen in your native language and write script over it then record a voiceover.

So, your script-writing time decrease because your script is already outlined and your editing time decrease because your narration will guide you when you place your voiceover over screen record in timeline of Camtasia.

But capturing your voice and screen together is the most efficient way of instructing a software, according to my experiences. It seems impossible at first as you mentioned, but you will get used to it by time. You can speak in your native, then translate and record in english too.

When I first started (a year ago), It took 10 days to publish a 7 minutes video. But now I can finish it about 4 hours. It will be similar for you too, you just need experience on screencasting.

• MikeM
    MikeM Posts: 71 storyteller rank

What are those?

• Agree with everyone else here, there is no shortcut. These things take time :(

I thought I'd be done with my first course last year and I'm still plugging away in March! XD

• veajawad

Amazing.. That's actually a great Idea. Thanks a lot for this amazing suggestion. I will suerly try this method. Thanks :-)

• veajawad

Exactly. That is true. I actually thought I will be able to finish my course in maximum 1 month. But Its been 2 months I am working on my 1st course And I still have 50% of work to do...