Personality development

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personality development

Hi everyone, im using this app for the first time. I hope my knowledge will help many students in building their careers. Please let me know how to start the lectures? Do i have to send it to the udemy team first? 

2 Replies

Hi @Noor126, we're happy to have you on board! A standard Udemy course is video-based. Courses must have at least 30 minutes of video content and at least 5 lectures or learning modules. Additional teaching tools (like assignments, quizzes, and coding exercises, etc) can be added to create a rich learning experience for students. No approval is needed to get started. You can start creating your course via this link. Please note, in order to create paid courses, you'll need an active PayPal or Payoneer account.

Before your course is published on our platform it will need to meet our course minimum requirements, which can be viewed here.

This section includes extensive resources on how you can create a Udemy course and get started.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Hi obviously you can look through the minimum requirements list for guidance but two things that will make a difference in getting approval for your course is to have good clear audio and 1080p video.

The audio in the beginning caused me to have a lot of problems getting my course approved so here are my simple tips.

If you are on a tight budget like most who start are your video can be recorded on a Iphone or smart phone  they do not have to be the latest models with a camera from 5mp up then for audio I would suggest getting a lav mic to connect to the phone because if you are recording indoors your recording will sound like you are in a tunnel because you are to far from the mic.

Also webcams and laptop cams might record good video but the audio will not be good.

make sure your lighting is good from behind the camera if its daylight place your camera in front of the window facing you if its night time you are going to have to invest in some light source a cheap way would be to get a spot light and point it away from you at a wall so the bright light bounces and spreads back more evenly and soft for video recording.

But there are lots of YouTube videos to help you with that.

If you are able to spend a little bit I would suggest getting a audio recording device I use a zoom h1 then plug a lav mic into this and record your audio separate from your video you can then clean up the audio in a free to download audio editing program called Audacity, again there is lots of videos on YouTube that will show you how to get the best results.

The audio  will then have to be synced with your video in a video editing program I use Sony Vegas 11 its not the most up to date video editing program but again it can be purchased very reasonably some where like Ebay .

If you knew this all ready thats okay it may help someone else starting up and if not and you think this is really difficult it is a learning curve but once you have done it a few times because you use the same settings every time you record it becomes easy.

Another thing I came across when  

recording to damp down hollow or echo sound from the room you record in hang some heavy blankets on the wall.

Good luck on your teaching Journey 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors