Udemy Review Spam filter process improvements

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy Review Spam filter process improvements

I realize that Udemy has a spam filter that looks at genuineness of reviews which is well intented.

From my experience and from that of others I see that it basically blocks a lot more than it should. In my case I found it blocked basically everything even though most of my students were paying customers.

Also understand that the process is to email Udemy when you feel that a review is blocked without reason.

But how do i see the reviews that are filtered out in the first place? 

I know that i have x students and should have nearly as many reviews, but as an instructor I cant be sure who has left reviews and who has not.

Initially i sent email to policy@udemy and they unblocked some reviews.

Should i keep emailing every month to have them check for blocked reviews?

Instead it would be better if instructors are allowed to see all reviews, filtered and unfiltered so that they know there are genuine reviews blocked in the pipeline and email Udemy if required.

As it stands now I am left completely in the dark.

Ideally the review page should show all reviews and allow for an appeal/review option right there instead of having to email.

At the very least showing all reviews will help me get some feedback and work on those irrespective of these are filtered or not.

Hope it makes sense.

regards,

sumesh

2 Replies

As a student, I am seeing my reviews are not showing up in the courses. I didn't know about that until I checked in incognito mode. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MaxSumesh, thanks for the suggestions! We have shared this with the team.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors