1 MULTI-LINGUAL COURSE or 3 COURSES????

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 MULTI-LINGUAL COURSE or 3 COURSES????

Go to solution

LOOKING FOR INSIGHT FROM THE PRO'S

I have an existing course that I developed for web hosting. I'm now thinking of launching it on Udemy.

The video lessons etc. have already been created in 3 languages. English, Thai, Vietnamese

What is the best approach I should take?

1 course with 3 videos for each lesson or, 3 separate courses?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys....  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You will have to create 3 separate courses.

When you go to Course Landing Page, then basic info, you have to enter langague.

Ideally students search in their language so if they find you course and see lectures in thai and vietnamese it will be irrelevant to the english speaker. It will also work the other way around where a Thai speaker will not search english catalog.

Create 3 courses and select the language in Basic Info dropdown.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You will have to create 3 separate courses.

When you go to Course Landing Page, then basic info, you have to enter langague.

Ideally students search in their language so if they find you course and see lectures in thai and vietnamese it will be irrelevant to the english speaker. It will also work the other way around where a Thai speaker will not search english catalog.

Create 3 courses and select the language in Basic Info dropdown.

Go to solution

That's great advice Salil. Thank you. It makes sense to me now I've read what you say. Maybe I'll just create the one course to start with and see if it needs any tweeks or changes before I launch the other 2.

Thanks again - Haveagreatday... 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!