A Question about External links

Hi community, I have a question about Udemy's External Links and Coupon Code Warnings policy. I'm planning to include links in my course to external blogs that provide relevant educational content. However, these blogs might have advertisements for their services on their pages. Does this violate Udemy's policy if I have no affiliation with these platforms and am not promoting their services? In other words, I'm simply recommending them as helpful learning resources for my students.

Example:

"Where to Find Free Pitch-Deck Templates?

More

Note: The resources listed in this section are provided by the instructor for your reference and supplementary study. Please note these are external websites and the instructor claims no rights to their content."

Comments

• Alexia
    Alexia Posts: 457 mentor rank

@OluwaseyiMoejoh

Great question as increasingly I’m seeing sites with google advertisements that pop up. It’s really beyond our control, and I see your point of providing resources. You could offer this in the Bonus section of your course to avoid any unintentional policy violations of advertisements. Especially since they are targeted ads, who knows what that could entail?

• Thank you for your response but I do not have a bonus section in my course at this time and it may be confusing if i separate it that way, with the two modules far apart

I thought of just mentioning the name of the brands tool so that people go and search the names on google to access it themselves

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,373 Udemy rank

Hi @OluwaseyiMoejoh
    If you don't have a Bonus lecture, I recommend you share this information with the Trust & Safety team as they can provide you with more details on what you can and can't do with the resources you want to share. Please send an email to policy@udemy.com.

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator

• Including external links in your content is an effective strategy for enhancing its credibility and providing readers with additional resources. External links guide readers to authoritative sources, offering them further insights and validating the information presented. They can improve your content's SEO by showing search engines that you reference high-quality, relevant sites. Additionally, linking to well-regarded sources can increase reader trust and engagement, as they appreciate the depth of research involved. However, it's crucial to ensure that these links are relevant and add real value, avoiding overuse or links to unreliable sites that could harm your credibility.

• Integrating links to external educational blogs in your Udemy course is acceptable as long as they're purely for educational purposes. However, steer clear of promoting or affiliating with these platforms to comply with Udemy's policy. Since your intention is solely to aid your students' learning journey, this approach should align with the platform's guidelines. Additionally, when discussing topics like app installation, ensure clarity on where to access resources like Cash Machine 777 free download android.

• Hey @OluwaseyiMoejoh

In our valuable community, a lot of instructors may help you, however with these types of problems I always recommend writing an email to policy@udemy.com just to make sure if you can do the following stuff.

This is the safest option in my opinion.

Let me know if it was helpful!

Best Regards,

- Krystian Wojtarowicz