AV set up for a first time instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AV set up for a first time instructor

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I am contemplating making a course with some talking head videos and some powerpoint slides. For audio, I purchased a Blue Yeti mic and for video, I am using my iphone 7 and have a Windows computer. I tested the audio on audacity and video and they both seem good. The problem is that they are both separate. How do I synch them together? Also, what software should I use to record the audio and video so that they are in one file and do not require synching? Is it camatasia? 

I am completely lost here. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Contact me through my gamil i can share my paid version filmora with you.

Cutesuddis@gmail.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MassimilianoAlf
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi, you can use Camtasia to do that but it's not free, otherwise, you can use a free software like OBS.

The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success (Paramhansa Yogananda)
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

It would save you a lot of trouble if you used a webcam, such as a Logitech C920 or C930. That way you can connect both your mic and camera directly to your PC, and record them together - avoiding the need to download video from your phone and sync it up.

Go to solution

Thanks! So if I buy the Logitech webcam, what program do I use to record the audio and video together? 

Go to solution

Thank you! Camtasia is only for editing right? Or can it also be used for recording? 

Go to solution

Contact me through my gamil i can share my paid version filmora with you.

Cutesuddis@gmail.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors