About to start creating my first course..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to start creating my first course..

Hi,

Please tell me that as a instructor our first course is free or paid. 

If I put my course as a free course then what is the earning procedure for free courses

2 Replies
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

There is no earning in a free course but you get audience to whom you can upsell or eventually promote your paid course

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AnkitSharma331, as Premium Instructor, you can offer your course for a price, at a discount, or for free. It is really your decision to make. As @Salil Dhawan explained, there is no earning when you create a free course. Some instructors choose to launch their courses as free to generate a following, capture reviews, and get feedback, then switch to a paid course at a later date.

Keep in mind, free courses cannot exceed 2 hours in video length and will lose all premium learner features which includes certificate of completion and Q&A. While you can change the price of your course at any time, you can only switch from free to paid one time. Learn more about free courses here.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors