Affiliate links for students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affiliate links for students

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding affiliate links. First of all can I use them? My students need equipment for learning guitar. 

Example:

My students must own a tuner and guitar picks.

Can I use an affiliate link for that? (I earn a commission every time a student buys something with that link.)

Or is it simply forbidden to recommend products with a link? I couldn't find it anywhere in the terms on udemy.

I hope that makes sense.

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dantheguitarman To join the Udemy Affiliate Program, feel free to fill in the application found here or head to https://www.udemy.com/affiliate to learn more about our program. To apply and be part of the program is free of charge. In case you need more information, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hello Eliana, thanks for your reply.

However, I am afraid you misunderstood the question. The links are for relevant products so that students can follow my course which is beginner guitar in Dutch. 

Example. For my guitar course a student will need a decent guitar and other accessories. So am I allowed to post recommendations + affiliate links for products?

Example: a webshop with affiliate links. In my case thomann

If the answer is no. I will simply tell the students that udemy does not allow me to recommend products and that they are on their own to find someone who can help them out. 

Does this clarify what I need to know? I would like to know this before I launch my course for sale to prevent rejection.

Cheers!

Update:

I found this link: 

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229605088-External-Links-in-Announcements

The Warning Message: External links in your educational announcements must provide free educational content and may not prompt students to make a purchase

Please re-read the question, and answer, as I have this same question

@GreggAdventure
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors