Alternate Identity Verification Process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Identity Verification Process

Go to solution

This is the first time I am uploading a course. I have uploaded the course content that I have prepared and while verifying my identity the automated process could not verify my identity even when I submitted my legal name and correct ID card details. I was suggested to use the alternate verification process to send an email with verification video, my full legal name, the course name I want to publish and the content of Statement of ownership or rights. I first sent the email on 29th March, 2020. It was written in the FAQs that it will be verified within 24 hours. But it did not happen, I sent the email a second time, I raised a service request as well. In the courses page, it shows like "Because you failed identity verification your account will be removed on April 4, 2020 8:44 PM." I am really worried about this because I have sent the email as suggested to verification@udemy.com. I don't know if I have missed anything, because there is no response on the service request, and there is no response from verification@udemy.com as well.

Can somebody tell me whom to contact? Or, provide some help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @NabanitaDas535 We ask instructors to expect a response time of approximately 2 business days from the time you reached the team, as this may vary depending on the volume of tickets received during this season. I'm sure the team will get back to you as soon as your email is next.

Concerning the removal of an account based on verification time, our Trust & Safety team is best equipped to answer this for you. Be sure to include it in your email and they will gladly help you out.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @NabanitaDas535 We ask instructors to expect a response time of approximately 2 business days from the time you reached the team, as this may vary depending on the volume of tickets received during this season. I'm sure the team will get back to you as soon as your email is next.

Concerning the removal of an account based on verification time, our Trust & Safety team is best equipped to answer this for you. Be sure to include it in your email and they will gladly help you out.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hi ElianaC

i hope you are doing well

i sent the alternative verification exactly 48 hrs ago but there has not been any reply yet.

i have sent them another email as well just a moment ago. i am currently enrolled in the 45-day challenge and there are only two days remaining. i really look forward to completing this challenge and getting published.

i was wondering if there is something else that i can do to make sure i don't miss the deadline.

Any help is highly appreciated

Thank you so much for your constant support

Muslim Helalee

Muslim Helalee - Full Stack Web Developer and Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you Eliana for responding to my query. I have received a response from Trust & Safety team today early hours in the morning. It seems my video was not visible for size constraints. I have sent an response back today morning to the same email with a compressed video as well as a Google drive link for the original video. I have also mentioned as suggested by you about my concern regarding removal of the account based on verification time. So, keeping my fingers crossed now and hoping that my email is picked up sooner before the deadline.

Go to solution

Hi! @NabanitaDas535 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Thanks for your post!!! You may be perfected able to considered how the possibility that discussing with each other for responding to problems and understanding of the mindfulness for meditation by awareness and exclusive use of the practices with commercials mindfulness to exchange your profile and thought of it to reflecting on the course.I think that all things are getting really solution for you to be understanding of the mindfulness for meditation by helps and supports to each other. . Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hi! @NabanitaDas535 

Congratulations for your like!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hiya, I'm having the exact same issue. Did you have to contact the trust and safety team in addition to your video submission or did they respond to you? And  Did the trust and safety team tell you that your video was too large or did you have to assume so? I haven't had a response and I'm wondering what to do next.

Go to solution

Hi @KymMoseley25, I had received the response from Trust and Safety team to upload a compressed video as they could not view it due to size constaints. I did as suggested and they confirmed my identity verification. Post that, I have submitted my course for review yesterday.

Go to solution

Thanks. I guess I'll wait for a response. Out of curiosity, how large was the file that was rejected? Just asking in case mine is also too large.

Go to solution

My file was almost 25MB. They wanted a file size lesser than 20MB. Don't worry you will get through. All the best.

Go to solution

thank you @ElianaC @

Go to solution

Hello there, 

I guess you have to reply in that message from Udemy and ask them what exactly you must do .

Go to solution

Yesterday sent email, 24 hours passed. Hope to be verified soon.

Go to solution

i send video no one reply

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors